Here are just a few fun facts regarding July 4th that I found on Wikipedia!
Did you know....
- In 1779, July 4 fell on a Sunday. The holiday was celebrated on Monday, July 5
- In 1781 the Massachusetts General Court became the first state legislature to recognize July 4 as a state celebration
- In 1791 the first recorded use of the name "Independence Day" occurred.
- In 1870, the U.S. Congress made Independence Day an unpaid holiday for federal employees.
- In 1938, Congress changed Independence Day to a paid federal holiday
Hope you enjoyed those interesting facts about our most treasured national holiday. Now it's time to celebrate our independence with another fun giveaway!
Ready to Win?
Just enter using the Rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway begins June 23rd, 2014 at 8pm MST and ends on July 15th, 2014 at 12pm MST. Residents of the US and Canada are eligible to win (Canadian winner(s) will receive their prize via PayPal). The winner will be notified by email and will then have 48 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen. This contest is self-sponsored and prize(s) will be shipped within 48 hours of choosing and verifying a winner.