Friday, July 19, 2013

Sunsets and Silver Linings in Eastern Idaho

Yesterday my son, my mother, and I went out for a nice dinner in celebration of my oldest son's 25th birthday (ughh do I feel old!).  On the fifty plus mile drive back home, my son managed to take these amazing images with his Android phone from the passenger side window of my car (aren't the camera's on these phones amazing!).

The pictures you see below were taken in eastern Idaho just outside the town of Idaho Falls. This is where we first noticed a large cloud with a silver lining and bright orange glow peeking out from the very bottom.  It looked like bright orange lava covering the sky! On the top of the cloud were several bright white rays of light shooting up into the sky.  Hey, I made that rhyme! 

Now try saying bright white rays of light 10 times in a row as fast as you can.  Not so easy huh  :)

Anyhoo, we knew it was only the sun setting behind the cloud creating this stunning imagery but it was still incredible to see.  The pictures below really don't do it justice. The scene itself truly was a beautiful sight to behold!

My son must have snapped at least 20 pictures and my mother, who was sat in the backseat, could not stop oohing and aahing about how beautiful it was and went on to state something or another I can't remember about how amazing mother nature could be. 

However she said it, I couldn't have agreed more.

 Enjoy



They say every cloud has a silver lining!


The sun finally peeking out from behind it's hiding place before it set on the West

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments :)